I do understand!!


I look at him in pain,
And lightly smile again.
He might think I jest,
His sorrows, wounds, unrest.
I've fought battles on my own,
Survived, and I have grown.
I smiled not to belittle,
But to say, "I understand a little."
His pain, I comprehend,
His wounds, I've had to mend.
His hopes, dreams so grand,
I've faced them, I understand.
I smiled, not in jest,
But to show, I've faced the test.
I've lived for myself, fought the strife,
In constant struggle, I've built my life.
I speak the truth, I want you to see,
I'm familiar with your agony.
He may know me by name,
I assure you, our struggles are the same.
I speak the truth, no pretense,
I understand your pain, hence.
I'm acquainted with your story,
In empathy, I share my glory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

पुरानी प्रेमिका

उसकी शादी और आख़िरी ख्वाहिश

Aye zindagi !